The Referee Commission are delighted to host a Grade 1 course at the December international matches between Scotland and Ireland. The details are as follows:
- Grade 1 course
- Glasgow University, Stevenson Building
- Friday 15th December to Sunday 17th December
- £55 per candidate
- 17:00 Friday 1st December
- Friday evening – presentation to be given by the candidates, a specific topic will be provided to the candidates nearer to the time.
- Saturday – candidates will referee matches as either first or second referee and participate in feedback sessions.
- Sunday – candidates will referee matches as either first or second referee and participate in feedback sessions.
- The course will be limited to a maximum of 4 candidates.
- Candidates must be available for the whole weekend and cannot be participating in the event in any other capacity.
- Should more than 4 candidates apply for the course, the referee commission will select the successful candidates.
- There will be various tutors throughout the weekend who will collectively discuss the candidates performance and agree on feedback and next steps.
The matches will allows the referee commission to coach the candidates through an examination of:
- Player/ game management at the top level
- Paying attention to the detail of the process
- Learning the most up-to-date interpretation of the rules of the game
- Being coached while engaged in match refereeing
- Receiving professional advice on personal development plans
- Evaluating and coaching others
Alongside the course:
- There may be an opportunity for other referees, who are not participating in the course, to gain some experience refereeing the U20 matches.
- There will also be the opportunity for members of SV to attend the Friday evening session to hear the presentations and theory advice from the course tutor(s).
- We are looking to run an e-scoring clinic / provide support to anyone looking to upskill in this area of expertise. Note of interest in this should be submitted to the referee commission (email address below)
We look forward to receiving notes of interest from candidates who meet the above criteria. Furthermore, if you are interested in being involved in a scoring clinic and/or being involved in officiating the U20 matches please let us know.
All applications/notes of interest should be sent to email@example.com