The 2013 Annual General Meeting of the Scottish Volleyball Association will be held at the Mercure Perth Hotel, West Mill Street, Perth, on Friday 24th May at 7.30pm.
Our next four year strategy plan has been approved by sportscotland and we find ourselves in a particularly challenging and exciting time for Scottish Volleyball. We need the help, support and guidance of YOU our members.
There are currently four positions up for election;
• Chair of the Board (new)
• Board Director – Finance
• Board Director – HR
• Board Director – Technical
All Board Directors have a specific remit within the Board. For further information on the Board vacancies available please contact Margaret Ann Fleming on 0131 556 4633 or email.
Nominations for the Board need to be lodged with the SVA no later than Monday 6th May. Board nominations forms can downloaded from the SVA website – www.scottishvolleyball.org or by contacting the office.
A brief synopsis of Board Requirements
1. Support and develop the SVA Board and Commissions
2. Determine the SVA’s strategies, objectives and policies
3. Initiate, deliver and evaluate Board activities
4. Attend SVA and BVF meetings/events where appropriate
5. Account for the SVA’s activities to relevant parties. e.g. members & shareholders
Under our current Articles of Association and Memorandum of Agreement, Board members must be nominated and voted on at the SVA’s AGM.
Further information on the procedures, items of special business, voting rights and relevant forms connected with the AGM click here
We look forward to seeing you at the AGM.