The Scottish Volleyball Association is delighted to present a Level II UKCC Coaching Award.
The SVA’s Coaches Commission has been working on the development of the level II UKCC course for the past year, and the programme is now ready to be ‘rolled out’.
|Crags Sports Centre, Edinburgh
|Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th September 2013
Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th October 2013
|09.00 – 17.00 each day
|£170 – this figure will be reduced through applying for grants from sportscotland
The Level II UKCC Volleyball Award continues the dual thread of looking at the skills of both ‘How 2 ‘coach, and ‘What 2’ coach. ‘What 2’ coach includes looking in more detail at;
• developing the side out unit
• developing attacking skills
• the setter as a specialist
• defensive actions and systems
‘How 2’ coach looks at;
• the issue of planning for both a season long programme, and individual sessions
• the role of the coach while working with players in the practice arena
• strength and conditioning
• mental preparation
The course involves the candidates in two delivery segments, each of two days in duration, with a break period between the deliveries. The break period is to allow candidates to reflect on the first set of learning outcomes and content, and to gain some practical experience of actual coaching.
To register for this outstanding coaching opportunity please contact the Scottish Volleyball Association Office, by phone 0131 556 4633 or Email.