The SVA regrets to inform all members that the Cup semi-finals set to take place in Perth tomorrow will now no longer go ahead. The SVA has not made this decision lightly, however we feel it is now a necessary decision. We had initially decided to go ahead, as there has been no advice from government or NHS sources to cancel events such as ours. However, since making this decision, several teams have pulled out of the competition, due to legitimate concerns over their own safety, and the safety of immediate family who could be extremely vulnerable if put at risk of contracting COVID-19.

It is therefore the decision of the SVA, that in the best interest of everyone, we feel we have no choice but to cancel. Please make sure to pass this information on to all those it concerns, to ensure that unnecessary travel is not made to Perth tomorrow.
Margaret Ann Fleming
CEO Scottish Volleyball Association